Where might elements of the Climate Change lesson occur in the 5 Es lesson model?
What are your ideas for units of study you might improve this year?
Putting Into Practice
- Review the STEM Literacy Project Unit Plan Template, and make a copy to edit.
- Focus on one unit of instruction you will be teaching this year.
- Consider these questions:
-What is the rationale of the unit? Why is it important?
-What goals do you have for what students will learn and do in this unit?
-Why does this lesson/content/focus matter in the larger scheme of life?
-What areas might this lead to for issues, problems, questions?
- Select 1-2 lessons from this unit of instruction to focus on. How might these align with the attributes of STEM literacy lessons?
- What areas does this lesson/content/focus connect to beyond your curriculum (math, science, literacy).
- Connect to Standards.
- Share progress with your Think-Pair-Square groups.